National Oversight and Audit Commission Reports
- Local Authority Rates Collection 2013-2014
- Local Government Shared Services Report
- Local Government Efficiency Review Reforms
- Finance Performance of Local Authorities 2013 – 2015
- Performance Indicators in Local Authorities 2015
- NOAC Performance Indicators Report 2018
Service Delivery Plans
- 2016 Service Delivery Plan
- 2017 Service Delivery Plan
- 2018 Service Delivery Plan
- 2019 Service Delivery Plan
The Council is required to produce an Annual Report by 30th June each year. The statutory power that provides for the production of the Annual Report is contained in Section 221 of the Local Government Act, 2001.
The Annual Report must contain certain information in relation to the activities of the Council in the preceding year. It provides an opportunity to review the performance of the Council and the quality of services provided. The Report also records the key achievements in relation to the provision of infrastructure and presents an opportunity to inform the public of the various activities and operations engaged by the Council over the past year.
Laois County Council is required to produce a Corporate Plan every 5 years. The Corporate Plan is drawn up within the 6 month period following the holding of a Local Elections. The Corporate Plan is a statement of strategy that sets out what the goals and objectives of the Council are for the 5 year period for which the Council is elected.
Laois County Council is committed to a child-centred approach to our work with children in the delivery of all our services and activities. The Council has an overall corporate duty and responsibility to safeguard the children accessing the Council’s services and activities. Our child safeguarding statement sets out the principles and procedures to be observed to ensure that as far as possible, that a child availing of Laois County Council Services is safe from harm.
Laois County Council is committed to ensure appropriate policies and procedures are in place to protect children from harm/abuse in so far as is practicable while accessing our services.
- Laois County Council Policy and Procedures for the Protection Safeguarding of Children
- Laois County Council Child Safeguarding Statement
The Corporate Affairs Section also publishes other documents, such as the ‘Our County’ newsletter.