Laois County Council Headquarters
Laois County Council have implemented the following measures:
- With effect from Thursday 7th January 2021, access to all Laois County Council offices by members of the public is strictly by appointment only, until further notice.
- Phone lines will be manned during normal working hours, Monday to Friday at 057 8664000.
- Queries can be submitted via the online request form at https://laois.ie/contact-us/get-in-touch/ or by email at email@example.com
- Postal queries can be sent to Laois County Council, Áras an Chontae, Portlaoise, Co. Laois and marked for the relevant section.
- A Community Support Helpline is in operation by Laois County Council to assist at risk members of the public in accessing non-emergency and non-medical supports and advice during the current public health emergency. Please click here for information.
- General information on Council services can be accessed online on www.laois.ie and the Council is asking members of the public to avail of these services where possible.
Laois County Council’s response will continue to be informed by advice from the HSE and relevant Public Health Authorities.
9.30am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday, including lunch time by appointment only.
Telephone: 057 8664039
Landfill and Portlaoise Recycling Centre
8am to 3.30pm Monday to Friday
Saturday: 8am to 1pm
Sundays/Bank/Public Holidays: Closed
Tel: 057 86 20653
Portarlington Recycling Centre
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday from 8am to 5pm – Last entry is at 4.45pm.
Telephone: 057 86 42845
Library Opening Hours
Check your local branch
Motor Tax /Cash Office
In order to comply with the Local Authority Services Framework for Covid-19, the Motor Tax & Cash Office counters will close to the public with effect from close of business today 23/07/2021.
Motor Tax Forms are available at www.motortax.ie.
Customers are encouraged to renew their tax online at www.motortax.ie or by post.
A secure drop box is available at the main entrance to Laois County Council where completed applications can be submitted.
For Motor Tax queries please call 05786 74305/05786 64000 and we will revert to you in due course.
Cash Office payments can continue be made to Laois County Council over the phone by calling 05786 74308. Monday to Friday 09:30 to 15:30.
If we are unable to take your call, please leave a message and we will revert to you as soon as possible.
A variety of payments can be made to Laois County Council on our website www.laois.ie.