- Opening Hours
- Regulation of Lobbying Act 2015
- Access to Information on the Environment
- Freedom of Information
- Protected Disclosure Act 2014
- Climate Action
- Carlow Boundary Committee
- Civic Honours
- Community Websites
- Digital Strategy and National Broadband Plan
- Higher Education Grants
- History of the Council
- Management Team
- Minutes & Agendas of the Council Meetings
- Publications Scheme under FOI Act 2014
- Register of Electors – County Laois
- Strategic Policy Committees
- Tenders & LA Quotes
- Third Party Political Donations
- Corporate Publications
- Website Accessibility
We are responsible for the delivery of a wide range of services throughout County Laois. The Council provides and maintains the majority of the infrastructure such as roads, sewers, water supply systems and libraries in the county. The activities of the Council directly impact on the lives of everyone who either lives or works in the county. The Council is centrally involved in activities that affect the physical, economic, social and cultural development of Laois.
The Council has two distinct elements:
The Elected Members of the Council who are elected at Local Elections which are conducted every five years. The elected Council is responsible for the making of policy decisions.
The day to day activities of the Council are managed by the Chief Executive and carried out by the employees of the Council.
Strategic Policy Committees
History of the Council
Minutes & Agendas of the Council Meetings
The Council is committed to working in partnership with the people of the county. The Council’s Mission Statement is:
“The Council will lead the sustainable economic, social, cultural and community development of our County and deliver quality public services to the communities we serve”.