Tuesday: 10:00am-1:00pm, 2:00pm-7:30pm
Wednesday: 10:00am-1:00pm, 2:00pm-5:30pm
Thursday: 10:00am-1:00pm, 2:00pm-5:30pm
Friday: 10:00am-1:00pm, 2:00pm-5:00pm
Closed on Saturday of Bank Holiday Weekend
Phone: 057 8644572 or 057 8644588
Address: O’Moore Street, Mountmellick, Co. Laois, R32 PX61
Yvonne Carty from Hey Pesto will be in Mountmellick Library on Friday, 9th Jun at 12 noon for a cookery talk on Food Waste Management. All attendees who book will also receive a free food waste caddy. You can book by calling 0578644572 during library opening hours or email email@example.com!
To celebrate Cruinniú na nÓg Mountmellick library will be having two workshops for children on Saturday June 10th:
- Makermeet will hold a non-traditional music workshop from 12.30-1.30 p.m. for 7- 10 year olds. There will be a wide variety of very unusual instruments and ideas on how to make sounds, resonance, reverberations and music. These include Otamatones, programmable colour recognising rings, real fruit and much for. Participants can explore all these and begin to make their own sounds by looking differently at how audio works!
- Go Fly a Kite will hold a workshop for 5–11-year-olds where you can design your kite and take it home to fly over the summer months. 10.15 to 11.15 a.m. Saturday 10th June
Places are limited for both workshops so book ahead on 0578644572 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Gallery in Mountmellick Library is delighted to host from 6-30th June, “Time Exhibition” by Laois Quilters. All are welcome to view the exhibition during library opening hours. There will also be a raffle draw for a beautiful double bed quilt to benefit Family Carers Ireland.
Art Exhibition: 5th Class St Joseph’s Girls National school will be exhibiting portraits in mixed media in Mountmellick Library for the month of June. Drop in during library opening hours to view “I see the world, does the world see me”!
Adult Colouring: Join us for adult colouring sessions on Friday mornings from 10 a.m. till 12 noon All materials will be provided and refreshments! No need to book just drop in!
Breast Cancer awareness talk with Carol Scott from Breast Cancer Ireland will be in Mountmellick Library on June 21st @10.30am to give an information talk. All are welcome to attend. Call 0578644572 or email email@example.com.
Campaign against Period Poverty: As part of the campaign against period poverty free sanitary products will be available in the bathrooms of Mountmellick, Portlaoise and Abbeyleix libraries.
Writing Space: Mountmellick Library provides a writing space on Thursday mornings where people can write/journal and meet. If interested call 0578644572 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more
Home Energy Kits: The Home Energy Saving Kit contains six practical tools to help you save energy at home and can help identify common problems such as lack of insulation, poor ventilation and the appliances in the home that might be driving up electricity bills. You can borrow the kit for a duration of 2 weeks in order to conduct a mini home energy audit. If you wish to be added to the waiting list for this item call 0578644572 or email email@example.com.
Age Friendly Laois: Free to collect at Mountmellick Library:
- I.C.E. (In Case of Emergency) cards to be carried on the person, in a wallet or purse to provide valuable information to emergency first responders.
- An information booklet to services for older persons in Laois
Lego Free Play on Saturday mornings in Mountmellick Library from 10.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. No need to book just drop in and create together!
The Baby Book Club meets every Tuesday morning at 10.30 a.m. for 0–3-year-olds and their parents/carers.
Facebook: Keep up to date with all our events in Mountmellick Library by checking in or following Laois Libraries Facebook page. The Mountmellick Library Facebook page is no longer active.
Sensory Toy Resource Collection: This service is for parents of children with additional needs who live in Co. Laois. The toys are designed to support the development of gross motor skills, fine motor skills and communication skills. To register for the service, you must have a referral letter from O.T., G.M.P., physio or other professional. For further details call 0578644572 or call into Mountmellick Library to pick up a booklet.
Sensory Room in Mountmellick Library: Following registration, this service is for the use of children and adults with additional needs with their parent/carer present. Following registration with a supply letter the room can be booked for 30 minute sessions. For further information contact Mountmellick Library at 0578644572.
Tovertafel Magic Table: The table has interactive light projection games specially designed for those with dementia, cognitive challenges, autism and learning difficulties. The projections respond to the touch of the players. Booking is essential for 30-minute slots.
For an up to date list of all upcoming library events, click here.
- Borrowing service for Adults, Teens and Children including fiction, non-fiction, DVDs, CDs, magazines
- Daily Newspapers available
- Study desks (subject to availability)
- PC usage and Internet browsing available for Adults, Teens and Children
- Printing, photocopying and scanning available including Click & Collect service – see details here: https://www.printcopyandgo.com/print_locations/mountmellick/
- Local History section
- Art Gallery
- Tovertafel Magic Table
- Sensory Toy Collection