Laois Heritage Forum is a partnership body, drawn from a range of organisations with an interest in protecting and developing the heritage of County Laois, to advise on the preparation and implementation of the County Laois Heritage Plan.
The first Heritage Plan for Laois was adopted in 2002. The second plan ran from 2007 – 2013. The third Heritage Plan for County Laois (2014 – 2020) is complete and a new plan for the period 2021 – 2026 is in preparation.
Heritage Forum Members
Current (2021) membership of the Laois Heritage Forum:
- Cllr Willie Aird (Laois County Council)
- Cllr. Padraig Fleming (Laois County Council)
- Mr. John Bonham (Laois Tourism)
- Ms. Ann Carroll (LCC Environment)
- Mr. Gerard Buckley (Coillte)
- Ms. Noreen Byrne (Laois Federation of Tidy Towns)
- Ms Martina Cripps (BirdWatch Ireland Laois Branch)
- Representative tbc (Slieve Bloom Association)
- Mr. Teddy Fennelly (Laois Heritage Society)
- Mr. John Finlay (IFA)
- Ms Bernie Foran (Laois County Library Service)
- Representative tbc (Laois Partnership)
- Mr. Sean Murray (PPN: Community & Voluntary Sector)
- Mr. Ray Harte (PPN: Environment Sector)
- Ms Vera Donohue (PPN: Social Inclusion Sector)
- Mr. Con Maloney (Teagasc)
- Mr. Mark McCorry (Bord na Mona)
- Ms. Angela McEvoy (LCC Planning Section)
- Mr. Michael Parsons (The Heritage Council)
- Dr. Eoin Sullivan (Individual seconded)
- Mr. BrianGaynor (IWT Laois Offaly)
- Mrs. Mary White (Individual, seconded)
- Mr Basil Mannion, Local Authorities Waters and Communities Office.
Membership of Laois Heritage Forum will be reviewed as part of the process of writing a new Laois Heritage Plan in 2021.
Members of Laois Heritage Forum (including Mick Dowling RIP and Anne Goodwin RIP) at a Forum Meeting at Timahoe during 2018.