Laois Heritage Forum is a partnership body, drawn from a range of organisations with an interest in protecting and developing the heritage of County Laois, to advise on the preparation and implementation of the County Laois Heritage Plan.
The first Heritage Plan for Laois was adopted in 2002. The second plan ran from 2007 – 2013. The third Heritage Plan for County Laois (2014 – 2019) has just been completed and a new plan for the period 2020 – 2025 is in preparation.
Heritage Forum Members
Current (2019) membership of the Laois Heritage Forum:
- Cllr Willie Aird (Laois County Council)
- Cllr. Padraig Fleming (Laois County Council)
- Mr. John Bonham (Laois Tourism)
- Ms. Ann Carroll (LCC Environment)
- Mr. Gerard Buckley (Coillte)
- Ms. Noreen Byrne (Laois Federation of Tidy Towns)
- Ms Martina Cripps (BirdWatch Ireland Laois Branch)
- Mr. Mick Dowling RIP (Slieve Bloom Association)
- Mr. Teddy Fennelly (Laois Heritage Society)
- Mr. John Finlay (IFA)
- Ms Bernie Foran (Laois County Library Service)
- Ms. Anne Goodwin (Laois Partnership)
- Mr. Sean Murray (PPN: Community & Voluntary Sector)
- Mr. Ray Harte (PPN: Environment Sector)
- Ms Vera Donohue (PPN: Social Inclusion Sector)
- Mr. Con Maloney (Teagasc)
- Mr. Mark Mc Corry (Bord na Mona)
- Ms. Angela McEvoy (LCC Planning Section)
- Mr. Michael Parsons (The Heritage Council)
- Dr. Eoin Sullivan (Individual seconded)
- Mr. BrianGaynor (IWT Laois Offaly)
- Mrs. Mary White (Individual, seconded)
- Mr Basil Mannion, Local Authorities Waters and Communitis Office.
Membership of Laois Heritage Forum will be reviewed as part of the process of writing a new Laois Heritage Plan in 2020.