Laois Heritage Forum is a partnership body, drawn from a range of organisations with an interest in protecting and developing the heritage of County Laois, to advise on the preparation and implementation of the County Laois Heritage Plan.
Heritage Forum Members
Current (2022) membership of the Laois Heritage Forum:
- Cllr Willie Aird (Laois County Council)
- Cllr. Padraig Fleming (Laois County Council)
- Mr. John Bonham (Laois Tourism)
- Ms. Ann Carroll (LCC Environment)
- Mr. Gerard Buckley (Coillte)
- Ms. Noreen Byrne (Laois Federation of Tidy Towns)
- Ms Martina Cripps (BirdWatch Ireland Laois Branch)
- Representative tbc (Slieve Bloom Association)
- Mr. Teddy Fennelly (Laois Heritage Society)
- Mr. John Finlay (IFA)
- Ms Bernie Foran (Laois County Library Service)
- Representative tbc (Laois Partnership)
- Mr Basil Mannion, Local Authorities Waters and Communities Office.
- Mr. Sean Murray (PPN: Community & Voluntary Sector)
- Mr. Ray Harte (PPN: Environment Sector)
- Ms Vera Donohue (PPN: Social Inclusion Sector)
- Mr. Peter Dooley (Teagasc)
- Mr. Mark McCorry (Bord na Mona)
- Ms. Angela McEvoy (LCC Planning Section)
- Mr. Michael Parsons (The Heritage Council)
- Ms. Anne Sundermann (IWT Laois Offaly)
- Mrs. Mary White (Individual, seconded)
Membership of Laois Heritage Forum will be reviewed as one of the first actions of the new Laois Heritage Plan in 2022.
Members of Laois Heritage Forum (including Mick Dowling RIP and Anne Goodwin RIP) at a Forum Meeting at Timahoe during 2018.
The fourth Heritage Plan for Laois was adopted in December 2021 and will run to 2026.