Items accepted for recycling at Portarlington Recycling Centre include:
- Beverage Cartons,
- Car Tyres (conditions / customer quotas apply – 2 tyres per customer),
- Flat Glass,
- Glass Bottles and Jars,
- Green Waste (eg grass cuttings, hedge clippings),
- Household Hazardous Waste (eg paint, adhesives etc),
- Plastic Containers, (soft containers only eg plastic bottles etc)
- Scrap Metal,
- Timber. (note that manufactured wood products, such as plywood or pressed wood/chipboard, cannot be recycled and are not accepted)
- Waste Oil, WEEE Goods and many more!
Please note from 06 April 2015 only 3 paint tins are accepted as part of the €4 gate fee at Portlaoise Recycling Centre. Any additional quantity over this will be charged at €1 per tin
Location: Lea Road, Portarlington
Opening Times: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday from 8am to 5pm
Last entry is at 4.45pm.
Admission Fee: Car €4.00;
Car + Single Axle Trailer €15.00;
Car + Double Axle Trailer €30.00;
Small Van €10.00;
Large Van &Trailer €60.00
Receipts available on request on the day of visit.
Please note this facility is for domestic householders only.
Please visit www.recyclemore.ie for more information about recycling in Ireland.