Cruinniú na nÓg 2023 – Open Call
Creative Ireland Laois is seeking artists to create and deliver a programme of activities/ events to celebrate Cruinniú na nÓg on Saturday 10th June, 2023.
Cruinniú na nÓg is a national day of creativity for children and young people (0-18) which celebrates and encourages participation in culture and creativity with FREE, local and activity-based events. It’s a day for ‘doing’, ‘making’ and ‘creating’!
Further details at https://www.creativeireland.gov.ie/en/creative-youth/cruinniu-na-nog/
Invitation to Submit your Application
We are inviting applications from creative practitioners, artists, and art organisations /groups (including a team of creative practitioners) who have the capacity to devise, facilitate and deliver creative content and activities for children and young people in any medium or artform (examples include theatre, music, circus, street art, performance, fashion, photography, digital arts, installation art, literature, storytelling, architecture, coding, biodiversity, folklife, heritage, archaeology, landscape).
Our ambition is to support via grant aid a number of specific creative programmes with a range of creative activities in towns and villages in Laois (outside of Portlaoise).
*The only exception to this will be disadvantaged housing estates in Portlaoise and special needs groups.
-If you are a community organisation/group, you should work with a creative practitioner(s)/artist(s) to put together the proposal and for the practitioner(s)/artist(s) to lead on the creative content.
Child and Young Person Focused
- Events should be focused on children and young people with children and young people themselves consulted and included in creating the
- In particular, we welcome and will prioritise applications that gives access to groups of children and young people who haven’t had such opportunities before.
- We also welcome applications for activities that are delivered through the Irish language and Irish Sign Language.
- We want creative practitioners, and children and youth focused organisations/groups to engage with each other, and generate opportunities to develop and participate in something really special, with
- Children & young people on disadvantaged housing estates in Laois, children & young people w
- ith specific needs (e.g. autism, Down Syndrome) and or blended groups, youth groups, clubs, schools, crèches, Laois Home Education, Laois Comhairle na Óg, Laois Fóroige, Laois Home Education, children and youth speciality groups, etc.
- Have a chat with children & young people and see what they’re interested in and develop a plan together …maybe they’ve always wanted to learn how to juggle, do some incredible science experiments, or explore their own community in a creative way.
- There are many examples of creative, imaginative and fun activities for children and young people – why not take a look at previous activities and events at
Applications open: Monday 25th March
Deadline for submissions: Monday 8th May
Notification of grant award: Monday 15th May
Project Delivery: Saturday 10th June
- The extent to which the proposed programme maximises children, youth and community engagement and participation in the arts, particularly groups of children and young people who haven’t had such opportunities before. (100 marks)
- The extent to which the proposed programme is ambitious, innovative and fosters creativity in young people aged 0-18. (100 marks)
How to Apply
The application form and all supporting material must be completed and submitted by email to email@example.com
For all enquiries, please contact Creative Ireland Laois
Click here to download the Application Form
Deadline for submissions:
Monday 8th May 2023