Community Grants Scheme 2023
The Community Grants Scheme provides grant aid to Residents Associations, Community Groups and other groups/committees who are engaged in community amenity works in their own area. Each year applications are invited for amenity projects such as landscaping, purchase of equipment i.e. strimmers, lawnmowers etc. and the maximum grant available is determined by the number of complete and valid applications received.
The Grants Scheme for 2023 is now open. Forms can be obtained from the Laois County Council by contacting the Community Section at 057 8664000 or email@example.com or download a copy below.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday, 3rd April 2023 at 4pm. Due to the large number of applications received, incomplete and late applications will be refused and returned to the applicants.
Criteria and Eligibility
- Groups/committees/organisations must be formally constituted i.e. hold an A.G.M. or regular meetings.
- Copy of minutes of recent committee meeting to be submitted with application.
- An up to date quotation for goods/services to be submitted with application.
- Be Revenue complaint and provide TRN / Revenue Number for your group / committee. This must be applied for through Revenue, Business Registrations South, Officer of the Revenue Commissioners, P.O. Box 1, Wexford. Any queries should be directed to 01 738 3630.
- New Committees or those who have changed their details must also request a supplier set up form from the Community Section and is available via the link above.
- All receipts relating to the application must be submitted when works are completed and registered with Revenue together with completed report sheet.
- Before and after photographs must be submitted.
- Tidy Town Groups are not eligible to apply for this Grant.
- Applicants that did not return receipts, invoices, completed report sheet for 2023 may not be eligible to apply for this Grant.
All works must comply with relevant legislation and all local authority requirements. For clarification, applicants should seek advice from relevant sections within Laois County Council. It is recommended that applicants arrange adequate and suitable insurance cover and provide for maintenance and upkeep after the works have been completed.