In accordance with the “Portarlington Regeneration Strategy 2030” Laois County Council is seeking to improve the streetscape and public realm of Portarlington Town. The Main Street, French Church Street & Market Square areas are part of the first phase being addressed by this pilot scheme which will assist owners of commercial & residential properties through the painting of the exterior of their properties.
Making an Application
- Completed application forms must be accompanied by a detailed breakdown and a written quotation for the total estimated costs of the painting project.
- Applicants must indicate their legal interest in the property. The applicant must provide written consent from the owner if lessee or tenant.
- Current photographs of the property must be included with the application.
- The completed application form must be signed by the applicant.
- Completed forms should be returned to Sheila Cahill, Business Support Unit, Laois County Council, County Hall, Portlaoise, Co Laois.
- Incomplete application forms may delay processing and may result in the application not being considered.
Terms and Conditions of the Portarlington Facade Enhancement Scheme
- The scheme applies to residential and commercial properties.
- The premises applying for the grant must be located in the area shown on the map attached.
- No work should be undertaken prior to receiving an approval letter from the Council.
- Grants are awarded entirely at the discretion of the Local Authority.
- An application will not be considered where there are Rates or charges due to the Council.
- On completion of the works, all invoices and receipts in respect of the painting works should be forwarded to the Council.
- Laois County Council may contribute up to 75% of the approved costs of the works up to a maximum of €750.
Application form available here: Portarlington Facade Enhancement Scheme application form 2021
Submit completed application form and supporting documentation to
Business Support Unit
Laois County Council