In order to protect the members of the public/staff, Laois County Council Planning Department wish to advise that the public counter at Áras An Chontae is closed.
With regard to the COVID-19 Infection the Planning Department are implementing the following procedures:
- Pre-Planning Meetings
- All pre planning meetings have been suspended for the foreseeable future.
- Making a Planning Application
- Laois County Council request that all planning applications being lodged be sent through An Post or placed in the post box at the offices of Laois County Council. An e-mail will be issued to confirm receipt of same.
- Viewing a Planning Application
- To view a Planning Application, please go to the Laois County Council website where you can access the planning applications which have been submitted www.laois.ie
- If you wish to place a submission or observation to a Planning Application please be advised that your letter outlining your submission /observations should be issued to the following e-mail address email@example.com. Please ensure you submit a phone number to enable this Department to contact you for payment over the phone by Credit/Debit Card.
- Alternatively please lodge a submission through An Post with the fee of €20.00 attached.
- Retrieval of Planning Files
- Request for retrieval of all planning files should be emailed to the Planning Department firstname.lastname@example.org
- All requests will be kept on file and you will be contacted at a later date.
- Unauthorised Development
- Building Control
- For information in relation to Building Control, please visit www.localgov.ie
- Development Contributions
- If you have any queries or wish to make a payment in regard to Development Contributions please contact Laois County Council on 057-8664000
- Site Suitability Assessments
- All Site Suitability Assessments have been suspended until further notice.
Thank you for your co-operation at this time