The vacant commercial property incentive scheme is being introduced to encourage the use of vacant commercial premises within the designated town centre of Portlaoise. This scheme incentivises new businesses to occupy vacant premises by lowering entry costs in the form of a range of grants and mentoring opportunities. The scheme is being introduced in association with Laois Chamber as a pilot scheme and it aligns closely with the Government’s new Town Centre First policy.
The Scheme is open to newly established retail businesses setting up within Portlaoise town centre, existing retail businesses relocating or expanding from outside Portlaoise or an existing retail business maintaining their current location and expanding into a new location within Portlaoise.
The scheme includes a potential package of 11 different financial and mentoring opportunities for businesses.
- Shop Front Grant Improvement & Accessibility Scheme
- Business Incentive Scheme
- Façade Enhancement Scheme
- Early payment Incentive Scheme
- Shop Fit Out Grant Scheme
- Retail Enhancement Support Programme
- Get your business online
- Green your Retail Offering
- Lean Your Business
- Business Promotion Package with Laois Chamber
- Complimentary HR Advice Session with Iridium HR.
All of the above grants/schemes are subject to individual terms and conditions.
If you would like to apply for the scheme and/or get more details concerning the Portlaoise Vacant Commercial Property Incentive Scheme, please complete this expression of interest form: