Laois County Council – Notice of the Annual Rate on Valuation for 2024
Notice of the Annual Rate on Valuation under section 4(1) of the Local Government Rates and other Matters Act 2019 (as amended).
Laois County Council hereby gives notice that the Annual Rate on Valuation for the Financial Year ending 31st December 2024 in respect of relevant properties situated in the administrative area of Laois County Council is set at €0.2217.
In accordance with the Local Government Rates and other Matters Act 2019 (as amended), several changes are taking place that will affect Rate Accounts for 2024. The most significant are:
- Commercial Rates are now due from 1st January and are payable as a single charge. However, the Council will continue to accept monthly payments on request. If you wish to avail of the Standing Order facility or wish to enter a payment plan please contact the Rates Office to discuss at 057 8689367. Alternatively, you can register on MyCoCo.ie for access to your Rates Demands, account balance and to make payments. Contact the Rates Office to assist with any registration queries.
- All amendments to the Valuation List will now be effective immediately (i.e., revisions, additions, removals and appeals).
- There will now be provision for pro-rata liability and billing where occupation ends and begins mid-year.
- By way of advance notice and in accordance with new legislation, interest charges will be applicable from 1st January 2026 on unpaid 2025 Commercial Rates bills. Further information on this will be provided in due course.
- Under Section 11 of the Above Act, Laois County Council must be informed of any change of owner/occupier of a premises. Failure to do so may result in a Class A Fine.
Dated this 12th January 2024
John Mulholland, Chief Executive.
Laois County Council, County Hall, Portlaoise, Co. Laois