Laois County Council, An Garda Siochana and HSE Crisis Management Team wish to advise that all priority routes in the county are deemed passable with care. The public are urged to exercise caution at all times due to fallen debris and unstable trees. The following route remains blocked:
- Mountmellick to Ballyfin Rd. (R423) – It is expected that this road will open by close of business today.
Further short-term closures will occur throughout the day to deal with dangerous obstructions and potential obstructions.
In the last two days the Crisis Management Team has met nine times and in that period the Severe Weather Co-ordination centre has dealt with over 200 calls from the public.
The following is the update on Water and Wastewater outages in Laois.
- Drim Water Treatment Plant – affecting Mountrath
- Arles Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Rosenallis Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Rathdowney Water Supply as supplied by Galmoyle Water Treatment Plant
Please note this may not be an exhaustive list of outages.
The Crisis Management Team would like to acknowledge and thank the public for their co-operation and assistance over the last number of days .
The Severe Weather Communication Centre is now closed and normal communication procedures have resumed. This is the last media update from the Crisis Management Team.