Applications are invited from within Abbeyleix town for funding of streetscape and shopfront enhancement projects under the 2022 Town and Village Streetscape Enhancement scheme. An information session will be held on Thursday 15th September 2022 from 10am – 12pm at Heritage House Abbeyleix and anyone interested in the scheme is welcome to call in to speak with Council officials regarding the scheme.
Only premises within designated areas in Abbeyleix will qualify to apply for the scheme. The designated areas can be viewed on the attached MAP.
The following types of premises are considered eligible:
Commercial, residential or unoccupied buildings in town/village centre locations as defined by the local authority. All works must be completed by 31st August 2023. No applications can be considered for works already commenced.
Grant Funding Levels
Grant funding will be provided at 80% of total project costs – matched funding of 20% required.
Submission of Applications
- Applications can only be made online from Tuesday 13th September.
- A Public Consultation regarding the Scheme is taking place on Thursday 15th September from 10am-12pm at Heritage House, Abbeyleix. Any person interested in the scheme has an opportunity at this consultation to speak with Council officials and submit an application.
- The closing date for receipt of applications is 12pm on Monday, 3rd October 2022.
Procurement requirements for applications
The following procurement rules apply, as a minimum, to the individual projects funded:
- 2 x Contractor quotations;
- 1 x Materials quotation;
(Note: 3 written quotations for contracts above €5,000 as per National Procurement
Successful applications will require
- Completed Application Form
- Required Quotations
- Photograph prior to commencement of project
Payment of Grant Award will require
- Photograph of completed project
- Copy of paid invoice.
- Evidence of payment – i.e. bank statement showing transaction or receipt.
|Green enhancement of entrances/ terraces with planting||€500|
|Painting of building/shop front in carefully selected colours which will complement the host building and streetscape.
Mural (agreed in advance with Local Authority)
Decluttering and repair of shopfronts. (Decluttering can include such works as removing unnecessary signs, flagpoles, wiring etc.)
|Appropriate illumination and lighting of architectural features of buildings.||
|Replacement of signage with traditional wooden fascia with wooden/hand painted lettering OR contemporary design|
|Canopies/Awnings complementary to the materials of the shopfront and building (including street furniture).|
|Maximum per building||€8,000|
For any queries on this scheme please contact Sheila Cahill 0578664015 / Michael Timmons 0578664202 in the Business Support Unit at Laois County Council at firstname.lastname@example.org