The Heritage Council is offering three grant schemes in 2017. An outline of the grant schemes is available now, to give groups more time to plan projects. The full application forms will be available online from March 1st 2017. You must submit your application online (including supporting documents) by 5pm on March 24th 2017.
Schemes available are:
- Community Heritage Grants Scheme
- Grant Scheme for Museum Standards Programme of Ireland Participants (MSPI)
- Thatch Conservation Grant Scheme
16th Century Map of Fort Protector. A Conservation Plan for the fort at the historic centre of Portlaoise was supported by the Heritage Council in 2016
Guidelines for Applicants
Broadly speaking, the information required is:
- A clear description of your project
- How you believe the project will benefit heritage and people and your local community
- A breakdown of the costs associated with the project
- Documents such as maps, photographs, diagrams or drawings for example, will usually be required for projects.
If you have an idea for a project, please contact us for information and advice. The national network of Heritage Officers has a great depth of expertise, knowledge ‒ and interest ‒ and will be happy to provide guidance and help in identifying useful resources that might help with your application. A full list of Heritage Officers is here.