GRANT FOR THE PROVISION OR NECESSARY IMPROVEMENT OF AN PRIVATE WATER SUPPLY TO A HOUSE (Well Grant)
Description of Service
The objective of the grant scheme is to assist households dependent on private individual water supplies who are incurring capital expenditure to:
- provide a piped supply of water for domestic purposes, or
- remedy serious deficiencies in an existing supply of water for domestic purposes.
New Grant categories
- Provision of a new well – grant aid of 85% of the costs, subject to a maximum of €5,000
- Rehabilitation works – grant aid of 85% of the costs, subject to a maximum of €3,000
- Water Treatment (UV, Filtration) – grant of 100% of the costs, subject to a maximum of €1,000
Applicant can apply solely for any of the above categories or a combination of same.
The scheme does not apply to houses where a connection to a public (Irish Water) or Group Water Scheme already exists or can reasonably be provided.
You are eligible to apply for grant assistance if:
- Your water supply does not meet the quality standards in the Regulations or the quantity supplied is insufficient to meet the domestic needs of the household;
- Your house is over 7 years old
- You have not received grant assistance for Domestic Water Supply within the last 7 years
- The house is occupied as your normal place of residence.
Application Forms and Terms & Conditions