Laois County Council’s Sport & Leisure Section are happy to support your organisation with the Sports Capital Application process and have organised a Sports Capital Information Session for Tuesday, 24TH January 2017. This interactive information session is ideal for those new to the ON-LINE Sports Capital Application Process.
Should you require additional advice and information, please do not hesitate to contact the Sport & Leisure Section on
057 8674363 or email us email@example.com
Sports Capital Information Session
On: Tuesday, 24th January 2017
At: Aras an Chontae (County Hall), Portlaoise
From: 7.30pm – 9.30pm
Book Now – Places Limited!
057 8674363 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To: Co. Laois Sports Clubs, Community Groups & Schools
The Minister of State for Tourism & Sport, Patrick O’Donovan, announced the opening of the 2017 round of the Sports Capital Programme in early December.
Department of Transport, Tourism & Sport
Sports Capital Programme 2017
Now Open for Applications!
The Programme, which is open from January 23rd 2017 welcomes applications from sports clubs, voluntary & community groups, National Governing bodies of sport and Local Authorities. Schools & colleges may only apply for funding jointly with a sports club(s) or Organisation(s).
- Natural grass sports pitches, tracks and courts (including pitch drainage)
- Artificial sports pitches, tracks, courts and multi-use games areas
- Security fencing, ball stop netting and goal posts
- Hurling walls / handball alleys
- Building or refurbishment of dressing rooms, showers and toilets
- Building or refurbishment of sports halls and gyms
- Modifications to sports facilities to improve access for people with disabilities.
- Non-personal sports equipment including gym equipment, lawn mowers and defibrillators. Anything set in the ground (such as goal posts) is not considered equipment.
- Any other capital projects that are clearly sporting in nature and that will increase participation in sport or improve performance
Potential applicant groups must ensure that they are registered on OSCAR, the online system before 5pm on Friday, 10th Feb 2017 (if not already registered).
All applications must be completed online on http://www.sportscapitalprogramme.ie before 5pm on Friday, 24th Feb 2017.