Housing Adaptation Grant for People with a Disability
The Housing Adaptation Grant for People with a Disability is available to assist in the carrying out of works that are reasonably necessary for the purposes of rendering a house more suitable for the accommodation of a person with a disability who is a member of the household. Maximum grant available : €30,000. The maximum gross household income threshold is €60,000.
Type of works allowable under the scheme include;
- Access ramps
- Downstairs toilet facilities
- Accessible showers
- Adaptations to facilitate wheelchair access
- Extensions (Only approved when all less costly and “fit for purpose” alternatives have been considered and eliminated)
Housing Aid for Older People
The Scheme of Housing Aid for Older People is available to assist older people over the age of 66, living in poor housing conditions to have necessary repairs or improvements carried out to prolong the life of the house for their lifetime.
Maximum Grant Available: €8,000.
The maximum gross household income threshold is €60,000.
Mobility Aids Grant
The Mobility Aids Housing Grant Scheme is available to fast track grant aid to cover a basic suite of works to address mobility problems, primarily, but not exclusively, associated with ageing, in order that recipients are not subject to delays in accessing works.
Maximum Grant Available : €6,000.
The following outlines the type of works allowable under the scheme;
- Access ramps
- Level access showers
- Application Form – Housing Adaptation Grants for Older People and People with a Disability
- Foirm Iarratais – Deontas um Oiriúnú Tithe do Sheanóirí agus do Dhaoine faoi Mhíchumas