A Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan is a new Government backed mortgage for first time buyers. It is available nationwide from all local authorities from 1st February 2018. As a first time buyer you can apply for a Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan to purchase a new or second-hand property, or to build your own home. The loan is a normal Capital and Interest-bearing mortgage which is repaid by direct debit on a monthly basis. You can borrow up to 90% of the market value of the property. Maximum market values of the property that can be purchased or self-built are:
- €320,000 in the counties Cork, Dublin, Galway, Kildare, Louth, Meath and Wicklow, and
- €250,000 in the rest of the country.
A Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan offers three rate products:
- – 2% fixed for up to 25 years (APR 2.02%)
- – 2.25% fixed for up to 30 years (APR 2.27%)
- – 2.30% variable (subject to fluctuation) for up to 30 years (APR 2.32%)
First Time Buyers of new and second hand homes (and self-build) may apply for a Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan for a maximum term of 30 years, subject to lending terms and conditions, and who meet the following eligibility criteria:
1. First Time Buyers (exceptions may apply e.g. for legally separated or divorced applicants)
2. Single applicant’s income must be less than €50,000
3. Joint applicants’ combined income must be less than €75,000
4. The primary earner on the application form must be in continuous employment for at least two years (this can be self-employment) and the second applicant must have at least one year’s continuous employment. Certain exceptions can be considered.
5. Aged between 18 and 70 years (i.e. loan term must cease by the time the borrower reaches 70 years of age).
6. Applicants must prove that they have sought a mortgage from two lenders (banks or building societies) and have received inadequate funding offers or refusals from each before making an application for a Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan to Laois County Council.
The maximum loan-to-value ratio is 90%.
The maximum mortgage loan in each case will be determined by the local authority in accordance with lending terms and conditions, loan-to-value limit and subject to the purchaser’s ability to repay.
All applications will be assessed based on the applicant(s) current income, their existing loans and financial commitments. For successful loan applications an additional monthly mortgage protection insurance fee is levied.
How to apply:
Applicants must complete the Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan application form and return it to:
Laois County Council
Áras an Chontae
James Fintan Lawlor Avenue
Applicants must prove that they have sought a mortgage from two lenders (banks or building societies) and have received inadequate funding offers or refusals from each before making an application for a Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan to Laois County Council.
For more information including a loan calculator please click http://rebuildingirelandhomeloan.ie/
Helpline for enquiries 051 349720