Housing Loans Collection

Housing Loans

How to pay your Housing Loan

All loan accounts are monitored on a continuous basis to ensure that accounts are kept up to date. This avoids the possibility of customers getting into financial difficulty.

You can pay:

  1. At the Cash Office, Laois County Council, Aras an Chontae, Portlaoise, Co Laois from 9:00am to 3:30pm Monday to Friday (open through lunch time).
  2. By post- cheque / postal order / money order.
  3. Over the phone, by giving your account number and credit card / laser card details to the CASH Office on (057) 86 74308.
  4. By internet banking. (Check with your relevant bank) or via standing order form. Please return standing order form to Finance Section , Laois County Council.Housing Loan Standing Order Form
  5.  On-line (refer to Homepage) – your pin number is available on request.
  6.  You can also arrange to have repayments deducted through An Post Household Budget Scheme:

Guide to Household Budget Scheme Application Form for Household Budget


Managing Mortgage Arrears

Laois County Council has introduced Mortgage Arrears Resolution Process (MARP)  to assist our customers who are experiencing financial difficulties. If you are currently in arrears or you are concerned about your future ability to meet the terms of your loan, please contact our Arrears Support Unit on: 057 86 64229 or 057 86 64056.

You may also find it helpful to avail of free independent and confidential advice.

  • Money Advise and Budgeting Service helpline – 0761 07 2000 (Monday to Friday: 9am – 8pm)
  • Mortgage Arrears Information  Helpline at – 0761 07 4050 (Monday to Friday 9.30am – 5pm)
  • log on to www.mabs.ie or www.keepingyourhome.ie

Click here for more information on MARP:

In assessing your financial situation it will be necessary for you to complete the Standard Financial Statement (SFS)

Mortgage to Rent (MTR)

MTR is a Government Initiative to help homeowners who are at risk of losing their homes due to mortgage arrears. The scheme is an option for borrowers who have been engaging in the Mortgage Arrears Resolution Process (MARP). Under the MTR Scheme, the borrower transfers ownership of their property to Laois County Council and the borrower becomes a tenant paying the differential rent scheme and in addition pays a percentage of that rent figure to the Local Authority towards the remaining residual debt of the loan.

Housing Loans

Housing Loan Information Available on request from Finance Section

  • Statement of Account.
  • Certificate of Interest.
  • Redemption figures i.e. the amount required to clear the loan account in full.
  • Deed of Discharge- this is submitted by your solicitor on your request to delete the loan charge from the folio of your property.
  • Title Documents- When the loan is cleared, your solicitor may request these.
  • Other information as may be required from time to time.


If you want to apply for a new loan, please refer to the Housing Section  of the website.

Read More News Stories