Closing Date Friday 29th October 2021 at 4pm
- By completing and submitting this form I hereby confirm that I have read and understand the terms and conditions, judging criteria and the data protection requirements.
- In addition to the afore mentioned I hereby confirm that I have the consent of the nominee to share their personal data relevant for the administration of Laois Community and Voluntary Awards 2021.
- Please make sure to read them by clicking here.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018, the definition of personal data is – ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Laois County Council creates, collects and processes a significant amount of personal data in various multiple formats on a daily basis. Laois County Council’s commitment is that the personal data you may be required to supply to us is:
- Obtained lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- Obtained for only the purposes of the Laois Community & Voluntary Awards 2021
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for purpose for which it was obtained. Data will be used for administration of Laois Community and Voluntary Awards 2021 as outline above and for financial purposes. Necessary information will be shared with the Accounts Payable Section of Laois County Council for the purposes of grant payments. Data will be used for audit purposes.
- Data will be recorded, stored accurately and securely and where necessary kept up to date.
- Data will be kept securely in the Community Development Section of Laois County Council for a period of 6 years after completion of the project, after such time it will be destroyed.
- Legal basis – Local Government reform Act 2014
Your Data Protection Rights
You have the right to request access to personal data held about you, obtain confirmation as to whether data concerning you exists, be informed of the content and source of data and check its accuracy. In addition, if the data held by us is found to be inaccurate you have the right to change, remove, block, or object to the use of, personal data held by Laois County Council. In certain circumstances blocking access to data may delay or remove access to a service where the data is required by law or for essential purposes related to delivery of a service to you. Please note that to help protect your privacy; we take steps to verify your identity before granting access to personal data.
To exercise these rights, you should take the following steps:
Forward your completed request to the Data Protection Officer at the following address:
Data Protection Officer,
Laois County Council,
Or by email to: email@example.com
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- To ensure judging is fair and impartial, judges will be selected from outside of County Laois. As such they may not be familiar with locations, groups or individuals in the County.
- Please ensure the person being nominated is aware of the nomination.
- Prior to completing and submitting the nomination please ensure you have consent of the person being nominated to furnish this application and to share their personal data with Laois co co for this purpose
- It is very important that as much information as possible is given on this Nomination Form. This will ensure Judges have a good understanding of the work of the nominee.
- Please submit at least one good quality digital photograph to accompany the application form.
- Photographs may be used bu Laois Co Co in advertisements and publications about the Awards ceremony, posted on social media sites, be used in the ceremony production and included in council publications to include but not limited to the Annual Report, Council Newsletter and Management Reports.
- Please ensure you have consent of the nominee whose photos are to be used in this manner.
- By entering this process, you give consent to the submitted photos being used in this manner.
- Nominations will be shortlisted by an independent committee. Nominees will be notified in writing
- Laois County Council reserve the right to contact the nominated person to confirm all afore mentioned consent was forthcoming.