The Local Enhancement Programme (LEP) provides funding to support community groups across Ireland.
The LEP is funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development (the Department) and administered by the Local Community Development Committees (LCDCs) in each Local Authority area.
The Department provides funding to each Local Authority (LA) area and Laois LCDC administer this funding locally to ensure funding is targeted appropriately towards addressing disadvantage in the areas that need it most.
The Local Enhancement Programme will support groups, particularly in disadvantaged areas to carry out necessary repairs and improvements to their facilities, and/or to purchase equipment, such as tables and chairs, tools and signage, laptops and printers, lawnmowers, canopies and training equipment etc.
This funding will help communities, community groups and committees, allowing them to continue to provide valuable services to the people in their area, and in the process strengthen the bonds that tie communities together.
What is application open date?
Applications will be made available on Wednesday 17th January 2024 from 4.00pm
Where can I get an application form and guidelines?
- Department of Rural and Community Development Local Enhancement Programme 2024 Applications here
- Department of Rural and Community Development Local Enhancement Programme – Ring-fenced for Woman’s Groups 2024 Applications here
Who is eligible for funding?
Any not-for-profit community or voluntary group can apply.
Commercial organisations and individuals are not eligible for funding.
What projects/costs are eligible for funding?
The following provides a non-exhaustive list of projects that could receive capital funding under the programme:
- Development/renovation of community centres
- Accessibility improvements
- Community amenities
- Development of youth clubs or facilities
- Development of sports/recreation facilities
- Improvements to town parks and common areas and spaces
- Public realm improvements
- Development of play/recreation spaces
- Improving energy efficiency of community facilities to reduce ongoing costs
- Purchase of equipment
- Purchase of laptops, tablets
- Maintenance of premises, including painting and repairs
- Capital work to increase biodiversity, or to reduce the carbon footprint of a facility
The scheme is designed to ensure local priorities are identified and met, so as to improve and enhance community facilities for all.
This funding is targeted towards supporting communities that are impacted by disadvantage as identified in the LECP.
What is not eligible for funding?
The following expenditure is not eligible for funding:
- Any project not in keeping with the ethos of the Programme
- Employment costs
- Legal fees
- Project management fees
- Purchase of lands or buildings
- Feasibility studies
- Private or commercial operations
- Costs which are being paid for by another funder or department
- Utility Bills
- General operating costs
What is closing date for receipt of application?
All applications and supporting documentation must be received by Wednesday 21st February 2024 at 4.00pm.
Please note that late applications will be deemed ineligible.
Applications can be sent via post to:
Laois Local Community and Development Committee,
Laois County Council,
Aras an Chontae,
Or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms and guidance can be downloaded on the links below. Alternatively, please contact us and we will be happy to post out an application to you. You can call us on 057-8664206 or email email@example.com