What is Laois TASTE?
Laois TASTE is a diverse group of 23 Laois based Food & Drink Producers dedicated to promoting the Laois Food & Drink Sector through the Laois TASTE brand, locally, nationally and internationally.
Our aim is to promote local provenance, strengthen the Laois food industry and transform Laois into one of Ireland’s top food destinations.
Laois TASTE were founded in 2019 as a collaborative effort between Laois Food & Drinks Producers, Laois County Council, Local Enterprise Office Laois and Laois Partnership to support and promote local provenance, quality, growth and development of the Laois food sector.
Visit Laois TASTE on Facebook @laoistaste, for more information on our local food producers.
Become a Laois TASTE Producer
The aim of the Laois TASTE Producers Provenance Scheme is to encourage local provenance and to create opportunities for new food businesses, support the capacity of existing food businesses in the County while also promoting the Laois Food Industry to a wider audience.
The Laois TASTE group currently has 23 members and is made up of Aghaboe Farm Foods, Ballykilcavan Brewing Company, Ballyrider House Granola, Bowfield Farm, Butterfly Chocolatier, Castlewood Organic Farm, Farmer J’s, G’s Gourmet Jams, Garryhinch Wood Exotic Mushrooms, Granstown Free Range Eggs, Le Skinny Chef, Mary Lowry’s Home Baking, Moore’s Drinks, Mueller & O’Connell Bakery, O’Mimos, Red Shed Organic Farm, Rose Cottage Fruit Farm, Seccoto Coffee, Temptation Patisserie, The Jungle Food Company, The Merry Mill, The Village Dairy and Zephyr Yard.
Laois Taste supports its members through:
- Networking and the sharing of Knowledge.
- Increasing awareness of member businesses.
- Use of the Laois TASTE brand.
- Addition to the Laois Taste Producers Directory & Map.
- Subsidised training, education and events for Laois TASTE Members.
- Promotion of Laois Taste member brands to the retail and hospitality sector.
- Access to funding information and advice.
If you have a food or drinks business in Laois and would like to join Laois TASTE , apply online.
Become a Laois TASTE Supporter
The Laois TASTE Provenance Scheme certifies Laois food producers and also service & retail sector businesses that sell Laois made produce. The Laois TASTE Brand is a mark of origin and allows consumers to identify food which is produced in Laois or businesses which sell Laois made produce.
Embracing the Laois TASTE Provenance Scheme is an opportunity for your business to benefit from the growing trends of consumers looking for and spending more on locally sourced food and could benefit your business by:
- Increased visitor spend
- Attract more customers
- Increase satisfaction
- Create a platform for producers and providers to work together
- Raise the profile of your locality
- Bring increased business to your area
- Benefit the local economy
- Providing you with a Laois Taste Plaque/decal and certificate to promote your support status.
If you are a retail or food service business in Laois and would like to apply for the Laois TASTE Supporter certification please apply online.