The Leaves Festival 2022 brings the best of Irish writing and music to Co Laois this November.
The festival is delighted to welcome Booker Prize shortlisted Claire Keegan as its 1st festival length writer in residence. Her Booker Prize shortlisted novel Small Things Like These has had an extraordinary public reception since publication and Claire will join us for a public event with novelist & broadcaster Edel Coffey as well as a series of workshops in schools libraries and prison.
Small Things Like These Is also the October One County One Book for Laois.
There’ll also be 2 screenings of the award winning film An Cailín Ciúin based on Claire Keegan’s story Foster.
- celebrate 40 years of Salmon Publishing with a music and poetry event
- welcome Co Laois natives poet Pat Boran and chef Rory O’Connell (in conversation with Katy McGuinness).
- have music from Harpanno & Alannah Murray & The Messages amongst others.
- host Ronán Hession in conversation with broadcaster Clare O’Brien
- hold an afternoon open mic event of Poetry and music.
- Launch World of Words, a collection of short stories by new Irish writers that is the culmination of a creative writing journey started almost a year ago in the aftermath of lockdown. Published by Laois and Offaly Education and Training Board
- Rediscover the Magic of Reading What Poems Look Like for Children with Becky Long
Please join us 8th-12th November 2022. Full program available at www.leavesfestival.ie
Leaves Festival 2022, is brought to you by Laois Arts Office, Laois County Library Service, Dunamaise Arts Centre and funded by Laois County Council, the Arts Council, Laois Partnership and Creative Ireland Laois.