Portlaoise Recycling Centre is located at Kyletalesha Landfill.
The Civic Amenity Site at the Kyletalesha landfill facility is directly managed, operated & staffed by Laois County Council.
Co-operation and patience is sought from all users of the facility to ensure that the civic amenity site operates in an efficient and safe manner. Members of the public are requested to follow the instructions of site staff when using the facility.
Please note that Hard plastics will now be accepted at the Civic Amenity Site.
Monday – Friday: 8am to 3.30pm
Saturday: 8am to 1pm
Sundays/Bank/Public Holidays: Closed
The following revised charges have been introduced from the 04th January 2021:
Vehicle Type/Waste Type Gate Charge
Car/Small Van/Jeep €5.00
Single-Axle Trailer €10.00
Double-Axle Trailer €15.00
Large Van €15.00
Large Van & Trailer €25.00
Waste Material Charge
Mattresses €20 each
Paint €1.00 per can
Waste Oils (Cooking &Engine) €2.00 Minimum Fee / €8.00 for 5 Gallons
Car Tyres €1.00 per Tyre
Household Waste Electronic and Electrical Goods (WEEE Goods), are still accepted free of charge.
The charges for mattresses, paint, waste oil and tyres will be charged in addition to the gate fee charges, when a customer arrives with other recyclable materials.
The preferred method of payment is by card payment terminals provided on-site. Receipts are available on request on the day of visit. No commercial customers allowed.
This state of the art Recycling Centre is located approximately 3 miles outside Portlaoise, on the Mountmellick Road. The facility, located at Kyletalesha Landfill, accepts a wide variety of materials for recycling, including:
- Paint €1 per can. Cans only accepted from domestic customers.
- Aluminum cans (eg drink cans)
- Beverage Cartons (eg juice cartons etc)
- Car Batteries
- Car Tyres €1 per tyre (conditions / customer quotas apply)
- Engine Oil
- Fluorescent Tubes and Light Bulbs
- Gas Cylinders
- Glass (Clear, Green and Brown Glass – Blue Glass can go with Green Glass)
- Household Batteries (eg torch batteries)
- Household Hazardous Waste (eg paint, paint thinners, weed killers etc)
- Metal Paper Sheet Glass (eg windows)
- Newspapers and magazines
- Steel food cans (eg dog food tins, bean tins etc)
- Waste Electronic & Electrical Goods (WEEE Goods eg TVs, microwave ovens, fridges freezers etc); however, strictly commercial WEEE items, which would not be typically found at private households, are not accepted at this facility.
- Hard Plastics
No bulky waste is accepted in the Civic Amenity Centre.
Please ensure that items are placed in the correct container(s) to ensure they are recycled properly. Remember to remove any bags/boxes that you brought with you.
If you have a query on reducing, reusing or recycling your waste, please contact the Environment Section on 057 866 4000.
Please visit recyclemore.ie for more information about recycling in Ireland.