This is the third annual Awards event for the Age Friendly Ireland Programme and the awards ceremony will be held amid a two day schedule of events in Monaghan. The primary aim of these awards is to recognise and regard achievements, individuals, agencies and communities to submit applications on projects or programmes that they consider to be age friendly.
This year, eight categories of awards, aligning to the WHO themes, have been chosen as they have a meaningful impact on the lives of older people, planning and creating a sustainable Ireland for all.
See www.agefriendlyireland.ie for Application Forms
The Categories are:
- AGE FRIENDLY TRANSPORT AWARD
- AGE FRIENDLY ACTIVE AND HEALTHY AGEING AWARD
- AGE FRIENDLY BUSINESS INNOVATION AWARD
- AGE FRIENDLY SAFETY AND SECURITY AWARD
- AGE FRIENDLY COMMUNICATION AWARD
- AGE FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT AWARD
- AGE FRIENDLY COMMUNITY INNOVATION AWARD
- AGE FRIENDLY HOUSING AWARD
*********CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS – 1.00 pm on WEDNESDAY, 31ST JANUARY, 2018******