This is an inaugural agricultural competition, proposed by Cllr. John King to recognize farmers for the excellent work and good environmental practices that they carry out on a daily basis on their farms.
The competition is open to all managers / owners / workers / farmers of farms based in Co. Laois.
The farm must be located in Co. Laois.
Application Form can be downloaded here: Application form – Best Environmental Practice on the Farm
- Only applications completed on the relevant form will be accepted.
- Applications will be accepted from 1st February 2019 to 28th February 2019 (4pm), either by post or by email to email@example.com .
- Photographs should be submitted in support of the application, (max of 6).
- Applications will be judged and shortlisted in March by an independent judging panel, based on submissions received, followed by short visit to the farm for the finalists on or around 20th March 2019.
- Winners will be invited to attend Laois County Council meeting on 29th April 2019 for announcement of final placements and prize giving.
First prize: €1,500 and trophy and Runner up prize of €500.
Any questions / queries on the above may be directed through the contact details below.
Ann Carroll Derval O’Rourke
Administrative Officer Staff Officer
Environment Section Environment Section
Laois County Council Laois County Council
057 86 74318 057 86 74327