In accordance with the report “A Vision for Portlaoise – A Strategy for a better Town Centre” Laois County Council is seeking to improve the streetscape and public realm of Portlaoise Town. Lower Main Street, Bridge Street & the Well Road (areas designated on map below) is the first phase being addressed by this pilot grant scheme which will assist owners of properties to improve and enhance their premises through the painting of exterior buildings both commercial and residential.
Making an Application
- The applicant must indicate their legal interest in the property.
- The applicant must provide written consent from the owner if lease or tenant.
- The completed application form must be signed by the applicant.
- Completed forms should be returned to Linda Meredith, Business Support Unit, Laois County Council, County Hall, Portlaoise, Co Laois on or before 7th December, 2018.
- Incomplete application forms may delay processing and may result in the application not being considered.
- Photographs of the property must be included with the application.
- The scheme is being conducted in association with Crown Paints. Laois County Council will provide the paints. The applicant cannot use their own paints.
- The colour must be chosen from a colour palette specifically developed by Crown Paints in association with Laois County Council.
Terms and Conditions of Portlaoise Facade Enhancement Scheme
- The scheme applies to both residential and commercial properties
- The premises applying for the grant must be located in the area designated on the attached map
- Laois County Council will be carrying out the painting works. The Colour will be chosen by reference to a Colour palette chosen by the Local Authority. The applicant will be consulted on the Colour but the final decision will be made by the Local Authority.
- Grants are awarded entirely at the discretion of the Local Authority
- Application will not be considered where there are local taxes or charges due to the Council
- The applicant will receive a copy of the painting assessment carried out on the premises. He/She will subsequently be required to sign a consent form agreeing to the works to be carried out and the colour to be used. On receipt of the consent form and a 25% contribution from the applicant the painting works will be carried out by Laois County Council.
Application forms can available here: Facade Enhancement Scheme Application Form.
Submit completed application form and supporting documentation to
Business Support Unit
Laois County Council
Tel 057 8664133